The Edge Apartment Hotel is committed to quality and providing guests with an award-winning deluxe yet sustainable experience as part of our “One Planet, One Chance” initiative.
We believe that travel should be for good and so our team and business are dedicated to the following:
- In 2020 our 98 guest rooms switch from single-use bathroom miniatures to bulk-size Australian-made Sukin bathroom amenities, saving over 100,000 single-use miniatures from entering landfill
- Contribute to the Containers for Change initiative donating the proceeds quarterly to local charities
- Reduced landfill with our co-mingling and cardboard bins
- Send all used guest soaps to Soapaid’s ‘Hotel to Hands’ Program that cleans and reprocesses it into fresh hygienic bars for free distribution to communities in need around Australia
- Donate bottle caps to Rotary who provide to companies that convert them into prosthetic limbs
- We have a ‘buy local’ strategy that contributes 65% of total expenditure back into the community
- Provide hygiene products and bathroom amenities to Rockhampton’s Homeless Connect Day annually
- Energy efficient lighting is installed throughout the Hotel providing a saving of up to 88%
- Provide guests the option to reuse their towels during their stay to save water
- Water saving devices are fitted in all rooms that restrict flow to 9L/min saving 37%
We are always improving our ways so you can ‘travel for good’ – please let us know if you have any recommendations.